Is it possible to bring the Priest class back?

Class discussions, and guides.

Moderator: Mods

Is it possible to bring the Priest class back?

Postby RobbyDeOak on Mon Jan 19, 2009 7:19 am

I know you aren't going to bring the priest class back.. But at least I want to say why I liked it :/
*Like you said before, It isn't as good as an AoL or a mage, but thats one of the reasons I like it and many other people [I hope] do to*

1) The Priest class was like an all around diviner class and It had a wide variety of spells

2) It could be a helper of the AoL, and It was basically another support role

3) It combined the elemental focus of mage and part of the healing of the AoL and put it into one class

4) It gave the user a wide variety of options when battling and out of battle

5) Some spells were used frequently by a lot of people *Ex: Healing Spring*

6) Combining elemental powers and all around spell list was brilliant

7) It could easily take the place of a mage or AoL in a party if needed

8) It makes a support role that uses elements

9) It is the only reason I want to play fairyland :/ No other games ever that I have played has these qualities in a class, and if it doesn't come back, I might just quit the game. Sorry!

Oh and as a note, I really just liked the spell variety of it, combining elemental attacks and support spells. That's why I guess I liked it. I hope many people would agree with me on this. And to me, the class worked out fine for me. I was usually picked to help out a lot of the time. The best part was the elemental support skills, like Healing spring. It really gave a good touch to the class.
RobbyDeOak

Re: Is it possible to bring the Priest class back?

Postby paranoia on Tue Jan 20, 2009 12:32 am

i really miss em cus of there 4-5-6 para spell =/
was sure useful for many!
paranoia

Postby RobbyDeOak on Tue Jan 20, 2009 1:00 am

The class was very useful in combat and out of combat, although can be replaced easily, it was a sure good supporter of EVERYONE. The 456 spell was awesome. They should bring it back because fairyland was pretty much good BEFORE it went P2P, and priest really had no problems when I played it. I really wanna be a priest again T^T. By the way, make it a class, and still people don't have to choose it! It's a choice many of us liked and till like, but to me, fairyland will be even more bland without the priest. Bring Priests BACK!
RobbyDeOak

Postby DuoMaxwell02 on Tue Jan 20, 2009 12:06 pm

If you do a quick search of the forums...(with the term "priest class" youll find a few threads just like this one, even posts to help desk showing lager the money making possibilities of having the former priest class renabled...have failed.

Lager has either remained silent or given this sort of response

We’re sorry to inform you that Priest in the diviner consortia will not return to Fairyland.

Priest class was removed from the game due to a similar reason, it's healing role could be easily replaced by an AoL when it's damage does not match up to a mage or AoD. Which ends up making the priest a "support only" role and being the last pick after all other casting classes when forming groups. Even though we do realise that the spell 123 and 456 could come in handy in some occasions, we still do believe that it has not been fair to the priests in general. After countless attempts to fix this class without success and careful consideration, we have taken this class out of the game on the new server.

Reguardless of the fact that lager could have made more money, as well as the fact that Players left over this issue already (the die hard/professional priests)... hasnt seemed to have any effect.

The return of the priest class would be a very good thing, but considering their spells have been divided up amongst other classes... i dont see it happening dispite how many people want it.
Last edited by DuoMaxwell02 on Wed Jan 21, 2009 12:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
EvilFuzzyDice, not just a clan with an old history, but also a way of life.
DuoMaxwell02

Postby Crystalline on Wed Jan 21, 2009 12:33 am

if the priest class came back peoples equip durs would last longer therefore people would buy less cash shop things.

A hug is the best present you can give and one size fits all
Crystalline

Postby MajuraUS on Wed Jan 21, 2009 3:23 am

Crystalline wrote:if the priest class came back peoples equip durs would last longer therefore people would buy less cash shop things.

Well maybe it was planned like that, but they gave Mysterious Repair tickets from the event with the cows, I still have more than 40 left, I think i never bought one for tokens. Only eq which needs repair more frequently are the weapons/wands etc. anyways. I like never repaired my robe or other equips. So they better didn't remove the priest class, they could have had more players = more item mall users.
Major Leader of Soulmates
Majura (AoL) - DareDevil (BL) - Mayura (SoD) - Majie (MP) - Bonnie (Archmage)
<3 Gaara
MajuraUS

Postby DuoMaxwell02 on Wed Jan 21, 2009 3:50 am

MajuraUS wrote: So they better didn't remove the priest class, they could have had more players = more item mall users.

That philosphy is correct , as i recall several people i know alone never used cash shop because they were waiting for priests to be released, after the removal of priest... several people not only stopped playing but also never came to use the cash shop.

Plus if you think about it, the priest sets would have probably gotten people to use the shop more to get the gears for it...

As far as 123/456 reducing the "damage" to certain gears, ever since i got superburst on sod.... i havent needed a new robe, ive used the same one for months now.. the only things i have had to create back ups for are my wands, and even those i have roughly 2-3 wands that i use and repair tickets to keep them going.

The class itself held its own and several have disputed the "reasoning" behind the removal of priests, and to me it just doesnt make much sense. (using fl japan as an example , they have everything including "god" items and priests, and they dont seem to have a problem selling cash shop items or running the server).
EvilFuzzyDice, not just a clan with an old history, but also a way of life.
DuoMaxwell02

Postby Crystalline on Wed Jan 21, 2009 7:39 am

i agree with you both that having priests would have generated more cash than it lost. Unfortunately Lager doesnt trust our love and desire to have the best characters we can so they have these weird plans that annoy everybody ^^ :)

A hug is the best present you can give and one size fits all
Crystalline

Return to Class Related